Thursday, March 24, 2011

What keeps me busy

These FOUR keep me Busy!!!  All in the bath together is getting pretty crowded now!

For Tyra's birthday that is next week I asked Grant if we could just paint and decorate her room.  If she would have been a boy she would have shared a room with Gunnar... Once she was born and we knew she was a girl she stayed in our room for a while and then we moved her to the room that was an office and never did anything to it.  No painting, decorating, nothing.  So it was about time since she is going to be one!!!  So this last week we moved her to Gunnar's room... they actually did good sharing a room... and I got started on her room, new trim, carpet, painting, sanding and painting dressers, new lights, closet doors and some decor!  I AM TIRED!!! I only would paint at night once the kids went to bed and I would paint till 1am!  I couldn't do it during the day or they all wanted to help and you know how that goes.  It is all finished now except the closet doors need to be trimmed off on the bottom to fit and soon a bed and bed spread for her... for now she is still in the crib and sleeps good and stays in it so far!

The chandelier in this picture I am pretty proud of... It was a big ugly gold thing with glass around it... I bought it for $5 from the RE-STORE and took it apart,  spray painted it, installed it and glued black glass beads on it.  I saw one online that I wanted for 69$  mine cost 15$!

another dresser I sanded and painted... I didn't make that lamp, just bought it at Target... I am thinking about spray painting it black :)

Mirrors I found at lowes and Target

Letters I painted for TYRA and a picture put on a canvas of her when she was in the hospital... I love this picture, Grant took it, she was sitting on my lap after I had changed her diaper in the hospital... she was just looking at me so alert and trying to coo at me when she was only 1 day old... he got my arm in the picture with my tatoo of all their names except for hers.  I just like this picture.

Her headband holder I made and bow/clip holder.  I absolutely LOVE how her room turned out and I hope she likes it for a while because I am not in the mood to do another project for a while!

1 comment:

  1. Cute room Tara! It looks awesome...love the colors! I'm sure she will love it for a long time. Adorable bath tub picture too.

    ReplyDelete